VSF CAMP 18
Horseback riding - Equestrian Acrobatics & Medieval workshops
AGE 6 - 12
Theme: "Séjour Equestre"
Under the supervision of professionals, our campers will learn the techniques of horseback riding. Divided in small teams (by levels) our riders will be stimulated by the variety of situations encountered during their training but also by the specific equipment used to help them progress quickly.
During this camp session, they will learn how to control their speed, their direction, and their balance, but they will also learn how to take good care of their horse/pony.
Progressively, during the diverse activities, a real bond between the children and the animals will take place.
- Taking care and feeding of the horses
- Camping trips
- Equestrian shows and games (such as Horse ball)
- Acrobatics & jumping fences
Depending on their age and level, each camper will have a chance to ride on the many forest trails surrounding the center to practice their new riding skills.Horseback riding trips:
- Introduction to equestrian acrobatics:
Equestrian acrobatics is the performance of acrobatics on a moving horse. It is one of the oldest and safest equestrian disciplines. Throught this activity children (divided by team) will learn acrobatics in circles, they will learn how to ride while expressing grace, but also flexibility and strength will be the goal in this activity. Campers will begin with easy exercises, and then gradually progress to choreographed freestyle performances.
Each lesson focuses on safety and having fun. No previous riding experience is necessary. In fact, vaulting will help them learn to ride or become a better rider!
- Campers will experience and learn about the medieval lifestyle by making costumes, tools and weapons (leather, stone and wood), they will also draw their personal coat of arms.
- Making a wooden sword: with the help of their camp counselors, each camper will get to make his/her own sword and decorate it with leather strips and with upholstery tacks
- Introduction to sculpting (stone) – making a Templar Cross
“Indian Camp” workshops:
- Decoration of the Tipi, designing and building furniture, painting it using Native American symbols.
- Making a Totem
- Making a bow (and learning to shoot with it of course!)
- Native American arts and crafts: making musical instruments, leather purses, moccasins, dream catchers using pearls and feathers
Camping trips, swimming, archery, volley-ball, ping-pong, reading, games, treasure hunts…and evening parties!
Choice of Field Trips
Visit to the Medieval Castle of Montaigut or to other Templar cities, visit of the famous Roquefort caves cheese cellars...
> Activities will be scheduled according to the wishes of the children
and the proposals of the teaching staff.
Lodging: CENTRE LA CAZOTTE in the Aveyron region - FRANCE
VSF camp was a place where I learned about friendships, medieval times and horseback riding. A place where I strengthened my knowledge of the French language, discovered places unknown to me and learnt about the French culture. It was an experience I will always remember.
|RESERVE YOUR SPACE NOW !|
VSF gives children from around the world a real chance to practice their language skills by living in total immersion with French children of their own age in a real French Summer Camp!