VSF CAMP 13
ATOUT FUN !
Kite Surf, Sand Sailing, Multi-sports
AGE 12 - 16
Immersion Ratio (per group):
24 French Campers/ 3 Foreign campers
Theme: "Séjour Sports et Plage"
Leucate is primarily 17 kms of sandy beach (Blue Flag on all tracks), reputable and world-famous, Leucate Plage attracts the best kitesurfers and windsurfers in the world! Come and join us this summer in the South of France for a summer of FUN activities by the seaside with friends!
Supervised by a professional instructor our campers will discover the intense pleasure of sliding on the water towed by a kite! (full equipment provided)
- Sand Sailing:
It is on the beautiful beach “La Franqui” along the coast that our instructors at «The Sand Sailing School of the Coussoles » will teach our campers together and individually, the basics of Sand Sailing (trimming, boat handling change of directions etc...)
- Kite Workshops:
Each camper will build his/her personal kite, decorate it, races will be organized on the beach!
- Multi-Sports activities:
During their entire stay at camp, children will have a chance to choose at any time of the day or even in the evening, to participate in multi-sport activities such as body board, Ultimate (also called Ultimate Frisbee : a limited-contact team sport played with a 175 gram flying disc), Beach Volley, Soccer games, Swimming etc…
- Hiking trips on the Leucatois Plateau: a great way to discover this beautiful region of France!
- Moon-light get together on the beach, big games, team sports, and parties!
Choice of Field Trips
- Visit to the famous Medieval City of Carcassonne, a UNESCO world heritage site the biggest Medieval city in Europe, a unique monument with its castle and cathedral, an entire city surrounded by 52 towers!
- Visit to the fishing port of Barcarès
- A day at the Aqualand Park! Excursion to the famous Water Fun park of Aqualand, offering water slides, rapids, wave pools etc…Crazy Race, Anaconda, Black Hole, Congo River, ready for a day full of thrills!
- Visit to the « Sémaphore » of Leucate. In the French Mediterranean Sea, there are 19 semaphores held by military (the Navy) to supervise air and sea activity (surveillance mission). The semaphore of Leucate dominates a magnificent cliff; from there the children will be able to view the entire coast.
- Visit to Local Museums
- Shopping and evening concerts and festivals in Port Leucate
> Activities will be scheduled according to the wishes of the children
and the proposals of the teaching staff.
Lodging: Centre de Vacances de Leucate - Languedoc Roussillon, Mediterranean Coast - FRANCE (...to read more click here)
The Teens Camp (VSF Camp 13 and VSF Camp 14) Children will be staying in bungalow tents, allowing our campers (pre-teenagers and teenagers) to experience a more enjoyable stay, more adapted to their age group (bedtime hours, everyday life and program of activities) which is not necessarily compatible with that of the youngest campers present at the center.
Accomodation type: Trigano Esterel tents offering 8 beds per tent, separated in 2 separate quarters, with partition walls, groundsheet, solar lighting and extra open activity tent of 60 sq. meters. Bedding, mattresses, sheets and comforters are provided. Toilets (washbasins, showers and toilets) are available in the center's main building.
A large 8x5 m. tent will be used as an activity room and a separate dining room. All the meals will be freshly delivered each day by the camp base or taken in the main building restaurant area.
After last year’s first experience with VSF, my expectations this summer were really high. And this camp was even better! Although it was mainly a kite surf camp, there was a vast variety of activities that we could choose from, football (soccer games), yacht sailing, visiting beautiful nearby villages or just hanging out with our new French mates was really fun! Surely at first, it’s natural to feel nervous and you don’t know if you will adapt in this “new world” and this feeling gets even worse when someone speaks to you (you immediately ask yourself what they are talking about and if they are actually speaking French) however, after a couple of misunderstandings and embarrassing situations, you will have the feeling that you have spoken French all your life! To conclude, this camp is in my opinion a once in a lifetime experience that nobody should miss given the opportunity! Go for it! You'll have so much FUN!