VSF CAMP 11
COCKTAIL SPORTIF & AQUA'VENTURE
River Rafting, Rock Climbing, Kayaking...
AGE 12 - 16
Theme: "Séjour Sports et Découverte"
If you really like mountain biking and sports and want to mix with like-minded teenagers and experience the beauty and incredible riding of the Alps, this camp is for you!
During their stay our campers will discover the beauty of nature surrounding this beautiful region of France (the Dranse Valley) as they take part in a multitude of sports activities with their new friends!
Choose your Option:
Camp 11 OPTION 1: COCKTAIL SPORTIF
- Rock climbing: with a professional instructor (10 days: 1 session / 20 days: 2 sessions)
- Accro-branches (at the tree climbing centre): more than 120 adventure trails in the trees! Zip wires, monkey bridges and nets ...so much fun!
- New ! This OPTION is also available for children age 8-13 > "CAMP MONTAGNE GRANDEUR NATURE"
Camp 11 OPTION 2: AQUA’VENTURE:
- Kayaking: Using inflatable kayaks or canoes, (called air boats in France), alone or with a partner, our campers will go down the river Dranse and have the time of their life! Wetsuit, wind breaker, life jacket and helmet are of course provided.
- Hot Dog: You'll have the time of your life on this "water weenie" designed for 1 to 3 riders. DARE YOU to climb on, hang on and have some serious fun going down river!
Other Activities (both groups)
- River rafting: Going down the Dranse River
- River boarding (or Hydrospeed): Another great way to enjoy the river.
Just as much fun (if not more) than rafting and a little more technical. You follow a guide down the river with a large float and flippers, picking your route through the rapids and trying to avoid the rocks! One of our favourite activities.....Wetsuits, gloves, booties, helmets and knee pads are worn as protection from the cold and from rocks.
- Deval Kart: at the Rubis piste at Pré-la-Joux 20 karts are available for anyone wanting to try out this sport! Our campers will be able to come down the piste at their own speed and go back up again by hooking the kart to the ski tow.
- The Rollerbe all terrain scooter is also on the same section of the mountain. The pleasure of driving down the mountain, discovering new sensations without any noise!
- Summer Bobsled Runs: set among the trees at Pré-la-Joux, this 650m track with 7 high speed bends is great fun for children of all ages (activity supervised by a professional instructor) thrilling!
- Swimming pool sessions in Châtel : 3 pools, a large 25m pool, a medium sized pool for children and a small pool with water slide, there is also a large lawned area for relaxing
- Big games and Team sports (Volley-ball, soccer…)
- Movie nights & Parties…
Choice of Field Trips
- Visit to a local farm, visit to local museums...
- Shopping in Châtel, a typical old Savoyard village,
- Hiking trips in the Alps
> Activities will be scheduled according to the wishes of the children
and the proposals of the teaching staff.
Lodging: "Chalet la Cascade", in Châtel, Haute-Savoie Region - FRANCE (...to read more click here)
Salut! My name is Lauren and the camp I went to in France was the Best! If you think rock climbing is the best thing on earth, try canyoning. rock climbing down rivers and waterfalls with rock slides! As you go down, the water splashes against your face. It feels as if you were in a dream. Not only are there water slides but also little cliffs to jump from. It's so SWEET! The camp I went to was a major sports camp. We went camping everywhere. We also went river rafting and hydrospeeding. The best surprise was walking on a glacier on Mont-Blanc. I'm definitely going back with VSF next summer!